Friday, September 12, 2008

The 7th Anniversary of September 11 Bombing

On the 11th of September, 2001, the world witnessed the destruction of the World Trade Center Twin Towers in New York. Over 2,700 people lost their lives including 300 Firefighters and Police personnel who got trapped inside after attempting to rescue people.

Yesterday marked the 7th Memorial Anniversary. I just imagined the trauma the families of the victims must have gone through these past 7 years.

Every year I watch the memorial service and uptil now I couldn't help but cry each time. Regardless of the fact that I did not know any of the victims, it saddens me a great deal each year.

Even Obama and McCann headlocked in the presidential campaigns, came together as a family, putting politics aside and suspending campaigns television advert in honour of the dead.

I read that the New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg just launched a programme to reach out to New Yorkers who still suffer health problems as a result of the terrorist attacks. The programme is part of a 5- million-dollar campaign put together to provide free health care service to those requiring help.
The memorial was held at Ground Zero, the original site of the twin towers. The names of victims were read by their families as usual and it was like re-opening wounds

My heart went out to the families of the victims.
All to all those who lost a Husband, Wife, Father, Mother, Brother, Sister, Daughter or Son; I identify with your grief and I pray to God to strengthen and comfort you.


No comments: